Thursday, February 25, 2010

The devil is beating his wife

For as long as I can remember every time it would rain and the sun would shine my mom would say, "the devil is beating his wife". So what does it mean when it is snowing and the sun is shining??? Today M and I went on a little adventure while N was enjoying his last day of school, and on that adventure we drove through snow! While most of the time I would be enthusiastic about snow, not today... I feel like it is a never ending winter and that makes spring and J's homecoming seem forever away! I am just ready for the warmer weather and seeing the snow didn't make me very happy! March is just around the corner and in my mind we should be enjoying 60 degree weather. Thinking about March makes me think about our anniversary and I am sad that another one is here and he is not going to be! It also makes me appreciate every day we have together and apart, as long as he is okay it doesn't seem like such a big deal... as long as he is okay! We have spent much of our 10 years together in some sort of long distance relationship, and I remember at 18 how it seemed like the end of the world that he was going away, I loved him so much!!! Now if it possible I love him so much more and when he loaded that bus he took my heart with him. I know this sounds very dramatic but it is the truth and I dont know any other way to describe it! He is my world and while it is not ending anymore... I still feel like that 18 year old who isn't quite sure what to do with herself! My light in all of this are the two beautiful children we have been blessed with and while it is not their responsibility they are wonderful at it!!! So maybe when it rains/snows and the sun shines the devil isnt beating his wife but its God telling us to stay positive and see the light through all the clouds!

2 comments: