
So, I do not even know how N knows all about these things
but he does and he gets very
EXCITED
whenever we walk passed them at any store!!!
I
really didn't even think about getting him some
until recently...
like yesterday!!!
We are having some discipline ISSUES!!!
He wont listen, he wakes up his sister, he has major meltdowns over the
tiniest
things, and I am ready to pull all my hair out!!!
The list of things that we have tried is:
1. Time out
(doesn't work)
2. Taking away "privileges"
(which really only punishes ME)
For example, if I say he cant go outside b/c he woke up M, I am stuck inside with a whiny three year old!
3. Yelling
(horrible, I know but I am working on it)
and finally
4. Spanking
(which I HATE and doesn't WORK)
There is something about hitting my child that I just cant quite come to terms with, don't get me wrong there are certain situations that need quick and immediate punishment,
but I struggle with it either way!!!
I am not trying to start a debate just listing what we've tried
:)
So, back to the reason I am writing!
SILLY BANDZ
Who knew they could be such a GREAT reward for my N!!!
He loves them and has had great behavior!!!
I was able to go to the commissary today
without
ONE
meltdown!!!
Not even an argument over sitting in the cart!!!
My heart is smiling!
I just pray that it last and we are on the path to peace
and a little bit of sleep and rest
for
M!!!
We had a code word with my dad. When there was something we were about to throw a fit over and he really needed us to behave he'd say "banana split". If we sucked it up and smiled and behaved, sometime later, we'd get a banana split or equivalent. Sounds like you've got a similar thing going.
ReplyDelete