Friday, April 9, 2010

Leavin on a jet plane...

Before I start this let me first tell you that I HATE flying, I am not a nut and go screaming down the aisle before take off, I just get really nervous and I dont think I breathe the entire time... but I hate it and when I add my two peanuts to the mix its worse!

So, last week we went to visit the fam in D-town and started our journey at about 345 am! Awesome!!! I think I am just going to make a list of our exciting adventure from J-Vegas to D and back... The middle part (not traveling part) was awesome, I got to sleep in and rest and just have some quality family time...

1. Picture me with two peanuts in tow and all the things needed for travel... car seat, stroller, diaper bag, breast pump, toy bag for N (which got shipped home), M strapped on the front of me and N walking like a big boy and of coarse I cant forget Mickey Mouse and Cami blanket! N's toy bag was so heavy that when he went to walk up the ramp on our first plane, he fell backwards... that's why it got shipped home!!!

2. Got to Atlanta (and I will never fly through there again), ran from B to D or something like that, got some breakfast, went and sat down to cram it down before our next flight, took M out of the wrap to change her and decided I would wait to feed her on the plane (BIG mistake)!!! Put her back in the wrap... my tiny little girl who is so laid back it is unbelievable found her lungs, found our seats in the back of the plane and sat down (not quite that fast b/c I have to put N car seat in and then stow our bags and then get N in his seat, not until after he has already pushed all the buttons including the call light for the flight attendant) So I try to feed M and she is pissed ( I later find out that she doesn't like to be covered up to eat, especially when we are burning up)!!! Push back from the gate and then NOTHING, we sit on the runway for about 45 minutes and right as we are beginning to take off, N starts doing the pee pee dance in his seat!!! Luckily the flight attendant is sitting next to me and she took him... phew!!! During this time I still have not gotten M to eat but she did fall asleep! We are in the air for maybe 25 min and N has to pee again... SERIOUSLY!!! So I get up with my sleeping baby and take him, then M wakes up and I try to feed her again (nothing), so I flag down the flight attendant and tell her that I am going to go to the bathroom (ewww) and try to feed her could she please watch N (lucky me we had an awesome flight attendant). Finally get M to eat (its been almost 6 hrs) and we head back to our seats! Its about to get good right, wrong! M takes the BIGGEST poop of her tiny little life right on the plane and it goes all the way up her back, and of coarse there is no place to change a baby on a plane... ahhhhh!!! I lay her in my seat and now she really starts wailing... got her cleaned up and by that time we got to Dallas!!! *sigh*

3. Middle Part: like I said was great!!! I love spending time with my family and while it was crazy running around we had a good time! My parents have the best porch ever and it is quite possibly the best place on earth to sit and have a beer and just catch up!!! (No I didnt drink, breast feeding)

4. Time to come home and we got delayed the whole way home, Dallas sat on the runway for about 45 minutes, got to Atlanta and the plane was late then got on and sat on the runway for 2, yes I said 2 hours... fun with two peanuts!!! M wouldn't eat again and this time I was in trouble b/c she started and then figured out that she was covered up and so I was shooting milk, Needless to say I was lucky that I was wearing the wrap over my shirts b/c the whole left side was soaking wet... We had been chasing this storm all the way and for a person who hates to fly going through a storm was GREAT!!! Lucky for me I have great friends who changed plans and made accommodations for us!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is crazy! Oh and there is too a place to change them! There is a changing table that drops down on most planes behind the toilet. I had to change Piper on the plane.. just for future reference. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes in most planes there is a place to change them but of coarse on this one, there wasnt!!! I am not sure it would have helped she had poop everywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete