Wednesday, April 28, 2010

neighbors/friends...

I would just like to say that I have the BEST neighbors in the whole wide world!!! I feel like we really have become a little family down here in our little cul-de-sac and I really don't think I could have asked for better!!! God has given me one wonderful biological sister and then he has blessed me again with these women, who just give without end!!! I will NEVER be able to repay their kindness, past or present!!!

When you move in to a new house (which for all you military mama's you know you do it a lot) you worry about the neighbors... are they going to like me, am I going to like them, do they have kids, are the kids going to get along, and the list goes on... I am not a super shy person but I am also not the one that will show up on your doorstep with a basket of muffins!!! So with all the ladies in the cul-de-sac we met when the kids are playing... which is a great way to break the ice!!!

I feel like I have made life long friends with my neighbors (Beth, remember Quantico!!! & Vicky, so thankful that baby monitor reached all the way to your house!!!) and I hope that tradition follows with these awesome "neighbors" I have now!!!

I also have a "sister" who has not had the privilege of being my neighbor and she is another one who gives without ending!!! Maybe someday we will be neighbors, who knows anything can happen in our crazy world!

The part that sucks is the distance and the moving away, it is so hard to start over not knowing what to expect, but I will say that all of these girls have set the bar SUPER high!!! But if it weren't for the moving and changing none of them would be in my life and I am so thankful for that!


2 comments:

  1. BLECK!!!!! Seriously...I'm already feeling emotional tonight....and then you have to go and blog this?

    I seriously can't believe you and Stacey are both leaving me at the same time. I know my new neighbors won't be as cool as you:( We need to have another pizza picnic party soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to move! I love my little world down here in the cul-de-sac. The best circle of friends. You both will be a tough act to follow when it comes to finding good neighbors again. I hate the whole starting over phase. It will be hard out in no man's land, CA.

    ReplyDelete